Monday, September 05, 2005

new day 6
home day 94
bozo day 110
* * * * * * * *
Big day today. I start a regimine of neupogen. Neupo is a drug developed by
Amgen [based in 1000 Oaks] that enhances white blood count. There are other names for slight variations of neupogen. Newlasta is the long acting version. I think the use of neupo means the doc's are trying to jump start my bone marrow into producing my new white blood cells. Producing new, clean white blood cells it a large part of what our Houston trip was all about,
well. that and finding a reason for all of us to learn about a BLOG.

Neupo is a cousin to Epogen. Epo is the red blood cell enhancing drug also developed by Amgen. I have had plenty of Epo which was used to boot my red count and heomoglobin so I didn't get tired as easily. Now you know why I haven't been racing in the Tour d'France the past few years. Allegations have been flying that Lance Armstrong used Epo to boost his white count which would increase available oxygen in the blood. It's such a relief to unburden myself. The stress of keeping my secret about using performance enhancingdrugs has been difficult. I hope the IOC stops running around with that little plastic cup with the blue top when I shower at the gym. [That's not a prety visiual is it?]

Hot topic for water cooer discussion around here is the people displaced from New Orleans by Katrina. More about that in future blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home