Friday, September 09, 2005

New day 10
Home day 90
Bozo day 106

So far things are moving along nicely. [No, actually things are great!] We're still making plans to be sprung from MD Anderson on Monday. It'll be a busy day because they [Anderson people] will remove the central venous catheter [CVC] I have now and replace it with a slightly different model that has two lumens - - the tubes that are used to pump goodies into me, including the new bone marrow. The CVC they put in when we got here is a triple lumen. They like to change out the triple for a double beause I won't need the triple as an OUT PATIENT [emphasis added gratefully] and the extra lumen could be another spot for unwanted infection. [That part is really redundant because all infections are unwanted.] After the CVC swap, we have a lot of training on medications and things. They are changing a number of drugs from IV to oral. so we administer them ourself.

We are all really thrilled that they are allowing us to get out, but when Pam and I started thinking about it, we wern't thrilled that we had to be discharged [we are thrilled that I'm doing well enough to be discharged] . The in-patient nurses and support staff are wonderful, they take care of everything. When we're disgharged, I'll have to be in the clinic every day for three to six hours. How many jig saw puzzels can one person do??

The clinic does help by providing special areas where we can lie down and nap or watch TV or movies, [but no room service delivery of food] but it's always better to be in your own space than in a shared environment. This is another thing that we didn't get a vote about. Oh well!

Thanks for all the goodies [chocolate, cookies and brownies]. I think we have enough to share with the people who were bussed in from New Orleans. We love them but we're afraid of me contracting diabetes from all the sugar!!

There is one aw shit!! Yesterday I started to lose my hair and MY BEARD in large chunks. A small price to pay, but I needed to complain about something. I guess if this is our big complaint, it hardley counts.

Love to all of you and keep up the prayers and good karma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home