Tuesday, November 08, 2005

70/30/46 ?? According to the doc, I'm right on schedule. Lets hope Bozo is!

I was paroled last week end so the biker boys [John & Mike] could hit the road in the great state of Texas. More later.

It was nice not to have to go to Anderson for all those hours each day & still get treatment while watching a football game in our living room. The next step on the good news train is that I'm only required to go to Anderson on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.

No jokes about any of this from me, I'm thrilled. Feel free to make all the jokes you want, even at my expense. Speaking of expense ... Pam got a call from Amy a few weeks ago and Amy was gasping ... she got an interim bill from Anderson!!

OK, here's the biker boy story, or one of them. John & I wanted to get out of Houston for the day so we decided to take a day trip to Galveston. We had a SENIOR breakfast at IHOP and hit the road. It's about an hours drive to the cute, quaint beachfront city of Galveston - - please, no Glen Campbell sing alongs. When we drove into down town, we were treated to 1,000's of BIKES and lots more people of every type. We found out that this was the culmination of one of the biggest annual three day rallies in the west, that started from who knows where. Imagine a quaint, quiet town taken over by bikers, booths selling biker gear, more beer than at a football game ... it was fun.

We were walking back to the car when I decided I didn't get enough attention from the crowds, so I stubbed my toe on a curb I was supposed to be stepping up on, ripped off my toenail [big toe] blood every place. Yep, thats what I did. I did have a cute, young "biker bitch" stop to help and she was willing to give me her scarf to wrap abound my toe. She was very nice to the clumsy codger [me].

Anyway, John got an EMT to wash the toe and bandage it. When we got back to the apartment, I soaked the toe in betadine and bandaged it. That part was easy. The hard part was calling Pam to explain. When we went to the hospital on Monday, my doctor, the APN [head nurse for the unit, my RN and various assorted people came in to see what I had done and had a good laugh at my expense. Oh, my other wife got his share of teasing also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home