Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hi out there in blogland...sorry that we haven't posted an update for a couple of days, but we really weren't sure what was going on , and frankly I think we were both too bummed to write in. So, here's the scoop...we're staying in the hospital until further notice. Mike has developed pneumonia accompanied by surging fevers (up to 103.5), and the combination has just wiped out his energy. As frustrating as it is to have missed our opportunity to get out of here, we're actually lucky that this happened before we went to the apartment and then had to come back through the emergency room. Mike has had all kinds of tests (including a bronchoscopy), and everything is "normal", his temperature is actually hovering around normal on occasion, and the doctors keep saying that although all of this is frustrating, it isn't uncommon. We just have to wait it out. It's just particularly annoying because we thought we were going to breeze through this, judging by how "easy" it was for the first two weeks.

So, we're regrouping and recovering. Instead of taking three fast laps around the eleventh floor, we're taking two slow "laps"around the room. Mike isn't eating much, but I'm eating everything so our weight is balancing out. I am constantly on his case to get him to eat something, although that is not his best subject when he doesn't feel good. I'm trying not to drive him crazy, but he tends to want to curl up and not do anything when he doesn't feel good, and I'm nudging him to eat, or get up, or whatever. I think he'd probably prefer to be nagged by some cute young thing like at Tarzana Hospital, but there ain't any that match that description here!! He actually is VERY appreciative of my efforts, and he thanks me all the time, but he's afraid of me now 'cause I'm stronger than he is, so who knows ...he's just thanking his lucky stars that there aren't any jewelery stores within walking distance of this hospital like there were at UCLA!

Honestly, we're disappointed and bored, but we understand that this is just how things sometimes go. We haven't driven each other crazy YET, but we're working on it And, we do have fun reading your comments on the "Blog", so thank you! We love you, we're thinking about you, we "feel" your love and concern (Geeze, I sound like Billy Graham...), and we're looking forward to coming home ...in 85 days!!!(101 days to "our" baby!)

MIKE HERE

I was tryin to get you all excited sbout things like the glossary, so I was waiting to offer you the Preminum Version of our BLOG, at a nominal additional charge, but when Pam found out, she was ready to do great bodily harm to me. So with no premium service, here is the glossary;

phantom fevers - - fevers that come up with no apparant cause. Test after test, blood cultures, yada, yada , yada and nothing shows up.

bribe - - we've gotten some really awesome cookies, candies, home made mandel bread etc. In order to avoid pam and me getting diabetes, we've used some of the goodies to make special friends.

BTW - - This is chat room stuff that stands for "by the way"

spiking fevers - - fevers that jump way up then go away. They follow every change here to make sure no little thing sneaks by.

warm blankets - - I've found one of the great pleasures of life is when you have a little chill and the nurses cover you up with a specially warmed blanket. They're very cozy. I ask for one someimes just because I don't have a warm puppy to warm up my bed. BTW a warm blanket is not the samr as an electric blanket,there are very important, suble differences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home