Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yo,Bloggers...here we are again! I'm happy to report that Mike is getting a wee bit stronger, and has actually been out of bed and "limping" around the nurses station a few times this morning. I think all it took to get him up and running yesterday was the knowledge that I had beaten him to the Blog...as soon as he realized I was leaving a new message he just HAD to wake up and have the last word! Well, if that's what it takes, he can have the last word, and the illusion that he is funnier than I am. WE ALL KNOW THE "truth". ( I accidentally hit the caps lock and I'm not gonna fix it 'cause it pisses me off!!) Actually, a LOT of things piss me off these days (that was NOT an accidental "cap"). For one thing, there is a Jewish mafia here at Anderson that insists on sending these saccharin old ladies (o.k., they're not so old...) to come to our door and look pathetic and whine "Is everything all right sweetie?" I smile and say "yes, thank you", but in my head I'm screaming "Yeah, sure b*#@*! It's WONDERFUL! We love being cooped up in a room that smells like disinfectant, having our body drained of blood and refilled with poison, and being entertained by strangers that ask stupid questions!!!" Whoa...Sorry! I think the real me snuck out for a moment. But I feel suddenly lighter for some reason! (The real humor here is that whilst I write this, the JewLady" just came again!!!)

Mike's temperature is normal this morning, and he's really trying get back in my good graces, after battling with me last night over not wanting to eat or get out of bed, so he dragged his sore legs out of bed and did some exercises and then walked a bit around the nurses station. I know that his legs are really sore; it's amazing how little time it takes to lose all muscle mass when you're in bed for two days--he went from doing a speed walk around the whole floor, to barely getting around the room! But he knows that there are several patients here who have been here for many, many months because they got so weak they can't get out of bed, so he promised to make a better effort. Now he takes a small am0unt of pain meds and then drags himself out of bed. He actually feels better once he's up. We're going OUTSIDE this afternoon if it doesn't rain! The floor Doc told us to get the heck out of this room and go smell the air outside (In Houston you can not only smell air, you can pick it up and throw it, it's so darn heavy!)

That, friends, is pretty much it for now. Hopefully we'll bust out of this joint before too long. Please keep blogging, some of you are actually pretty funny (the others just think you are; you figure wh0's who...) We look forward to your messages and jokes. I'm gonna post this now, but I'm sure Mikey will add on when he wakes up (he's currently in a benedryl stupor...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home